Wednesday, December 28, 2005

We Forgot!

This evening, while I was home for supper, Grammy sent JBP upstairs to search for his shoes. I don't know why.

He muttered about not being able to find them and then disappeared into his room. At first all was quiet. Then I heard ripping and tearing sounds.

I grew concerned and went to investigate.

Turns out, apparently while looking for his shoes, he'd rediscovered some toys from his Opa we'd brought back from Europe and stashed in his closet.

He was busy tearing open the box to the race cars & track so he could get all the pieces out. Half of them were already strewn across the floor.

He looked up at me solemnly and said, "I can't believe we forgot to open some of my Christmas presents."

I wanted to double over laughing. He was soooo serious about it.

Instead I somehow maintained a serious facade and made him put the pieces back into what remained of the box and put the box back into the closet.

I told him it was because he hadn't asked. If he behaved himself, Mama and Dada would help him put the racetrack together sometime in the next few days.

He took the delay with rather good grace, I must say. He can be such a good boy. When he wants to.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: