Thursday, December 22, 2005

Pet Peeves

There are a few things that just really get me. They happen with regularity and annoy me every single time.

Such as: computers that think they're smarter than you are. i.e. I put in two spaces after a period. Computer decides it should be just one space and changes it.

Such as: weather people who talk about the "border" between states (or counties). Look it up in a dictionary folks. Borders are between countries. Lines are between states and counties.

Such as: otherwise knowledgeable people using the made-up word "efforting". Effort is a noun. It is not a verb! Go back to English Class.

Such as: those who deliberately mispronounce someone's name because they don't like them. e.g. Pres. Bush, Sr always calling Saddam Hussein Sad-Damn. (This may have something to do with my having an unusual hispanic first name that many people have trouble pronouncing and even more like to deliberately mispronounce.)

Such as: people who can't admit when they're wrong, or they just don't know. (I admit occasionally I am one of these people and I piss me off too when I do it.)

Such as: those of the male persuasion who go on and on about how logical men are and illogical women are. These same people usually go on to prove just the opposite, in my experience.

Such as: those who can't admit that maybe, just maybe, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Figuratively, folks, figuratively. I would never consider actually skinning a cat!

What are your pet peeves?
Nimitz' Lady

No comments: