Thursday, December 15, 2005

Chuckle, Gasp, Guffaw!

The most hilarious half a phone conversation I've heard in a long time. Shortly after getting a news release announcing a case of meningitis at a local high school our Assistant News Director (AND), a known prankster, phoned his daughter, who attends said school.

This is what I heard:

AND: Have you heard of the stabbing at XXX High?

(pause)

AND: The stabbing?

(pause)

AND: That's cause there was none. But there's meningitis. So we're instituting a new rule. There will be no kissing of any other XXX high student for the next two weeks.

(pause)

AND: I'm serious. Absolutely no kissing of any other XXX high student.

(pause)

AND: I'm serious. I've got the health department news release right here.

(pause)

AND: Janie? Janie?

Ten minutes later I'm still chuckling.
Nimitz' Lady

No comments: