Friday, December 02, 2005

Jetlag

I've always had trouble with jetlag on international trips. But, I've never had an international trip that was so short.

Although I managed to function most of the time we were in Europe I didn't really start to adjust to the time change until Friday/Sabbath. Of course, we then turned around and headed home on Monday.

Four days later, I still haven't completely managed to re-adjust to home time. All week I've been waking up around 4:30 - 5 a.m. After working yesterday and not getting to bed until midnight, I actually managed to sleep all the way in to (drumroll please!) ..... 6:00 a.m.!

I'm not sure if my additional troubles are due to the short duration of the trip... or if I'm just getting too old for this s_ _ t.

I've been trying to re-adjust as much as possible without coffee. But today had to give in and get some. I went the cheapo route and picked up some cappucino from QuikTrip (yes, that's the way it's supposed to be written, no typos here!) on my way into work.

They had this really yummy new flavor, Mighty Mocha. Anyone who knows me knows I can't stand plain coffee. Too bitter. I always drench it with milk/cream, sugar and chocolate. The real bonus, the Mighty Mocha has something called Caffeine Plus in it. More wake-up juice!

That should at least keep me going through supper. But I'll still be a walking zombie by the time I get home tonight. And I can't even sleep in tomorrow. I've got to get up and cook for potluck, hit JBP's basketball game then go to church!

Color me Catatonic!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: