Monday, December 05, 2005

Visiting

Yesterday, we headed to the next town over, sort of, to visit some friends.

I attended middle school with Oklahoma when I lived next door to her. I lost contact with her after moving back up north. Then met her again when Der Deutscher and I moved here.

In fact, we ran into each other in Wal-Mart. Der Deutscher and I had been around maybe six weeks, she had just come to town. At the time, they lived maybe 10 minutes from our house and we got together often.

Then they bought a home in the country, near a town about half an hour east of us. Now we rarely get to see each other.

We keep trying to co-ordinate times to get together when we can spend several hours playing/partying (depending on age). But it never works. One of us can't get time off work, or we're too tired, or someone's out of town.

So, this weekend I said, we've got an afternoon with nothing to do, let's go. We don't need a special occasion to visit. Let's just head out. So we spent a nice afternoon just hanging out and catching up with some old friends.

Nimitz' Lady

P.S. Oklahoma's eldest daughter, Cheerleader, got a dachshund puppy. Der Deutscher was enchanted. He'd had a dachshund as a kid. I think I know what our next sort of pet will be.

No comments: