Thursday, December 22, 2005

Busy Morning

7:45 a.m. JBP crawls into bed with me. Pesters me until alarm goes off and it's time to get up.

8:00 a.m. Alarm goes off. I crawl out of bed, blearily put in my contacts and collect items needed to make, another, pillow for Christmas gift.

9:15 a.m. Get dressed. Swallow two slices of apple cinnamon Christmas bread. Pick up odds and ends around the house. Write shopping list.

10:00 a.m. Go grocery shopping for Christmas Eve dinner. Realize JBP hasn't bought any gifts for Der Deutscher, Grammy or Aunty Wowis. Help him pick out gifts and end up doubling our time at the store.

11:30 a.m. Bake cookies for JBP's day care. He promised them on Tuesday, when I took cookies to work for the food fest.

12:30 p.m. Between batches of cookies, wrap presents and clean kitchen.

1:00 p.m. Try to teach JBP words to Away in A Manger for church Christmas program. Am an abysmal failure. He fights. End up sending him in to time out.

1:20 p.m. Realize I've forgotten to pack my gym back and am running out of time. Pack gym bag and turn on drier while in laundry room.

1:25 p.m. Hustle JBP, clutching plate of cookies to his chest, into car. Drop him off at day care and head to work.

The good news: I got a lot done this morning. The bad news: There's still a lot left to do.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: