Friday, December 23, 2005

Broken Christmas (Tree)

In another sign of just how awful this whole Christmas season has been for me, our Christmas tree broke this morning.

This, after I got home last night to discover Grammy (JBP's, who also happens to be my mother) and JBP had put the tree up and decorated it for me. What a blessing not to have to worry about at least that chore.

Well, this morning, while we were cleaning house, JBP was playing around downstairs near the tree. The little toy he was playing with went flying, straight under the tree. So, he wiggled under to get it out.

While wiggling, he managed to damage part of the base, permanently crippling the poor tree.

He was quite upset, telling Grammy, "It's my fault."

As she told him, it would've happened anyway because eventually he'd have been back under there at our behest to plug in the tree lights.

So now, the tree is tipped back into the corner of the room, with presents still spilling out around it. Monday we may try to get a new base, if that's possible. But for now we're just going to let it sit. There's nothing I can conceive of that would get me to go to a store between now and Monday. No way, no how.

So, for me, (the) Christmas (tree) will simply remain broken.
Nimitz' Lady

No comments: