Friday, December 23, 2005

Cool Gifts

I'm a sucker for neat little toys that fit on your keychain. This year I've already gotten a couple cool such gifts.

The first came at the end of our Women's Bible Study for the year. The leader had found these neat little miniature (yes, Ma, I know that's redundant!) Bibles on a keychain. It's so small you need a magnifying glass to read it. Mine has the blue stone.

Later the same day, CNN sent us (at my TV station) a bunch of miniature flashlights that, again, are on a key chain. I was lucky enough to get one. As I'm a manager I usually pass up these affiliate "gifts" but I just couldn't resist the keychain flashlights.

Anyway, when you shine the flashlight on the wall, in the middle of the circle of light is a red CNN logo. It's "toool!" in the words of my 5.75 year old. (Hey that .75 of a year makes a huge difference at his age!)

In fact, I've had to fight him over it. He's at the stage where he's fascinated with any flashlight and he has regular access to this one.

Two years ago, while in Ames, I bought a key chain that played the Iowa State Fight Song. JBP and I played it so much during away games that after two seasons it died on us.

I'm such a key chain collector that once in high school I had a key chain that was over a foot long! I had to get rid of it because it was so heavy I was afraid it would damage the car's ignition.

Since then I've learned to rotate what's on my keychain so it doesn't get out of hand.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: