Thursday, December 15, 2005

Paul's Letter

Yesterday was the final day of my Women's Bible Study session. This session we were studying the life of Paul. One of the last assignments was to write what we think Paul might have said in one of his final prayers in prison before being executed.

Since I do my lessons at work, I chose not to complete that assignment at the time. I was afraid I'd end up bawling, as I tend to be rather emotional, about some things.

Anyway, this morning in the shower, this poem came to me as something he might've said.


Thank You

Thank you, Lord, for the fleas, the muck, the damp, the cold.
Thank you Lord for your presence, long foretold.

Thank you Lord for your gift of salvation.
Thank you Lord for all the beatings, cuts and contusions.

Thank you Lord for letting me travel the nations, spreading your word.
Thank you Lord for the thousands who've already heard.

Thank you Lord for the example you've taught me to be.
Thank you Lord for the crown you've set aside for me.

Thank you Lord for helping me finish the course.
Thank you Lord for lifting Satan's curse.

Amen.

Nimitz' Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you claim not to be a poet. You can't help it, girl. It's in your genes.

Ma