Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Minimalism

After the fantastic(ally fun & expensive) trip to europe we've decided this will be a very minimal Christmas for us.

No cards, no presents mailed to out-of-towners (except of course my Father and Brother Cowboy), mainly handmade gifts at home, church service and Christmas Dinner.

My main "talent" is needleworking, crocheting and no-sew fleece blankets. So you can guess what everyone is getting.

The last few weeks I've been crocheting like crazy. Mostly scarves, cause they're easy (these have already been gifted to relaties in europe). But, as I don't want to give everyone the same thing, I am trying to branch out.

Today I started work on what I hope will end up being a fashion poncho. I don't do well with official patterns. I can never understand what they're trying to tell you to do. So, I'm sort of making it up as I go along, based on a poncho I got for Christmas (I think, or was it my birthday?) last year.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: