Friday, December 02, 2005

Taking Care of Bu$ine$$

I like my company. Too bad it's selling my TV station. But the sale is part of why I like my company so much.

See, the owner is making some big bucks on the sale of the 16 TV stations he owns. (He'll still be a corporate big wig with dozens of radio stations, newspapers and magazines.) And, he's sharing the loot.

We all got an e-mail yesterday morning from the owner saying we would get a special "Sale Bonus". Said bonus will equal, at a minimum!, three months salary for each employee!

Three months salary! Extra! All at once! This is huge for us. I'll finally be able to pay off the credit card bills we stacked up when we moved here and have been slowly chipping away at. I'll also put some down on my school loans and have enough left to get new flooring in our house.

This is a big deal for us. Mainly because Der Deutscher is so appearance conscious he's embarrassed to have anyone in our house until we get the floors fixed. And we haven't been able to afford that. Now we'll be able to.

This is also an answer to prayer. A couple weeks ago I wrote how Der Deutscher and I had agreed to put off discussions of adoption to expand our family until I had set aside enough money to pay for said adoption. The saving officially begins January 1st.

The thing is this was a huge leap of faith for me. How was I ever going to be able to save so much money? I barely have $25 left every month after paying all the bills and feeding my family. I could see it taking me 10 years or more to save up enough money.

Well, now some of my bigger bills will be gone. Poof, no more! This could cut my savings time down to two to three years!

Have I mentioned how God takes care of us? Happy Sabbath!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: