Monday, December 12, 2005

Friday 12-09-05

No Sleep
I got next to no sleep last night. All three of us were camped out at a friends house. Plenty of warm blankets, a comfy mattress. My problem? I was stuck between the two snoring monsters!!!!

Between JBP and Der Deutscher a dead man couldn't remain asleep! I certainly couldn't.


Shopping
Der Deutscher and I had a couple 'free' hours this morning, as our friend Miss Science agreed to babysit JBP for us. He had a blast and we got all sorts of stuff.

I'm not sure how much of it we really needed, but the trip was fun. We spent more money than we should've, but much less than we could've so I guess that equals out.

The big buy: ISU fleece panels for blankets. We bought three. I'll use two, placed back to back, to make one blanket for us. And the third one will be matched with a Wildcats panel for JBP, as he loves both teams. I'll probably give it to him for Christmas.


Doubleheader
Well, sort of. The ISU men played Iowa tonight. Just like the women, they won. Good game. We watched most of it at Applebees, where we went for a late supper.

This means ISU has beaten Iowa in Football, Mens and Womens Basketball. The trifecta. This means Iowa is officially Cyclone Country for the next year!


Old Friends
When we got home both yesterday and today we checked out the local newscasts for reports on the game.

I also spent time looking for folks I used to work with at my station in Des Moines. There were quite a few of them, but only two are still at my station. The rest have jumped ship and headed across town. It was interesting. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to look any of them up.

Maybe next time.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: