Monday, January 09, 2006

TV Notes

Some thoughts on the last few days of TV:

The Book of Daniel: I don't get what all the fuss was about. Ok, given, I only saw a few scenes in between incessant phone calls from outraged right-wing viewers, but still. It looked like your normal, average family-angst drama to me. No better and no worse than 90% of all the other network TV shows out there.

West Wing: It was sooooo weird watching this Sunday's episode, which centered around Vice Presidential candidate Leo McGarry's preps for the Vice Presidential Debate, knowing all the time that John Spencer who plays McGarry died nearly a month ago. The entire time I was waiting for them to suddenly announce the character had died. I still don't know how they're going to write him out of the show, but they have no choice.

Grey's Anatomy: Ok, I have seem some pretty poor excuses of an episode before - plots filled with "flashbacks" so they can just cut in scenes from old episodes and only spend a day or so taping the new stuff. But this was a completely new one on me. Sunday's show as all one long flashback. It very neatly brought viewers up to date on everything that's happened in the last season and a half of the series. But not one NEW scene in the whole thing. Very frustrating!

The Young Riders: The website TV Shows on DVD today announced this 1990's western is set to be released on DVD beginning with Season #1 on March 21st! Yeee-Haaw! I loved this show then and can still quote you some of the best lines! I can't wait to buy the first copy and share the series with JBP and Der Deutscher.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: