Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hyperquandriac

The proof is in that JBP has inherited Der Deutscher's and my talents with languages.

Today, we were discussing how we should live life as if Jesus were returning in the next 10 minutes. Yet, at the same time, we can't count on his returning in our lifetime.

I said, "And there's your quandary." (We've never babied him when it comes to vocabulary, which probably explains why my five year old has a better vocabulary than many of today's college students!)

Anyway, he started playing around with the word. Then he combined it with "hypochondriac", which he's heard a lot of lately due to his propensity for playing sick in order to watch more TV.

Yes, my little Shakespeare developed his very own, brand new word today, "hyperquandriac", and is unabashed about using it in every sentence out of his mouth.

Of course, I have yet to figure out what it means!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: