Monday, January 09, 2006

Narnia, II

Also titled, The Horse and His Boy.

Since we were traveling on Sabbath and we wouldn't be making it to church, I tried to come up with something religiously educational to occupy our time.

On our last road trip, we listened to The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe on CD. So,I decided we'd 'read' the next book in the series.

I couldn't find it in audio version so I became the elected reader. By the time we got to Stillwater, my throat was already aching (mostly from doing the voices for the Talking Horses). We'd made it about a third of the way through the book.

Now, every time all three of us are in the car together, JBP demands I read some more 'Narnia'.

Originally, he tried to call it "#2", but I had to explain to him it's actually the third book in the series. That's because the first book is a prequel that gives away way too much about the series. So, IMHO, it shoudl always be read last.

Of course, JBP had to make that into a numbers game. He'll start up, "I think we should read #4, #2, #3, #6, #10....." and just keep going. Never mind that there are only seven books in the series. Funny boy.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: