Monday, January 09, 2006

Parents?

After the game we waited around to greet the players.

One couple from Texas had come to cheer their niece on. This was her closest game to them this year (except for the Conference Tournament which is in Dallas this year, but that's a whole 'nother post).

They struck up a conversation with us and before I could blink the wife asked me, "So, which girl is your daughter?"

I was so shocked I could barely keep it together to answer her. All I wanted to do was wail, "I'm not oooooollllllddddd enough to have a daughter on a college basketball team!"

Afterward, on our way home, I figured it out and if I'd reproduced as soon as it was physically possible I could actually have had a 19 year old daughter. Which means I AM old enough. Yikes!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: