Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Odds and Ends

Sorry I've been a bit absent this week. The station's sale is final at 12:01 a.m. Friday, which means all our shifts change then and those who are laid-off will be gone. Needless to say, I've not been in the mood to "chatter" much.

We did have an interesting trip to Colorado this last weekend which I promise to tell you all about later. For now, check out the pictures I've already posted from the trip. They're linked on the right side of the page, but down a little because the web page formatting is messed up right now. Hopefully I'll get that fixed soon.

In other news, we now have internet access at home. Which is a good thing because once the sale goes through I won't be updating my blog from work anymore. I had no fears doing it under my current company, but I've already learned I can't trust a thing the new company says and refuse to give them the least excuse to fire me without buying out my contract.

Yes, that's exactly how paranoid we all are right now!

Last note: the job search is moving ahead in fits and starts. I've sent out resumes to 13 companies. So far I've heard from four of them in one format or another.

One dropped me as soon as I wouldn't interview on Sabbath. One was a mutual drop. They were very interested in me, but it's a non-profit that can only pay $26,000 a year. I'm willing to take a pay cut, but not quite that big a cut. I've still got to pay my bills, after all. One asked for two reference letters, which I turned in yesterday. The last, and most depressing, just sent me a postcard saying they were moving ahead with other applicants. In otherwords, thanks but no thanks.

Ugh!

Time to go home and try to sleep this off, or something. I promise more details from our Colorado trip later.

Love you all.
Nimitz' Lady

No comments: