Friday, January 06, 2006

Pissy Day

I don't know what else to call today. It's just plain sucked. Sorry if I've offended anyone with my language. But sometimes such anglo terms are the only appropriate descriptions.

Just how bad has today sucked? Let me count the ways...

1. I had a horrible night's sleep and had a horrible time waking up.

2. I had to go in to work at 11 a.m. for a staff mtg.

3. At said staff meeting I learned just how bad our benefits will be after the new owneres take over, probably late January. No Flex Spend Accounts, No Adoption benefits (that's a whole 'nother post right there!), No vison insurance, I'll be losing a week's worth of vacation time a year! I could go on and on about what's NOT there.

4. Due to said mtg I got no chance to catch a quick nap before work.

5. In the afternoon meeting I learned management had changed their minds, again, about airing The Book of Daniel. For the record, that means we WILL be airing the show tonight.

6. I've had to deal with pissed off right-wing christian types all day (yes, the lower case c in Christian was deliberate!)

7. Der Deutscher was in a pissy mood when I got home for supper and rather than make things worse I opted to come back to work early. So, I barely got a break AND my husband is in a crappy mood.

8. I still have more pissed off right-wing christian types to deal with on the phone as soon as we hit 8 p.m. and The Book of Daniel hits the air.

In my book, this is not the way to start off the Sabbath!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: