Monday, January 02, 2006

Small Blessings

In my effort to live a life of thanksgiving, here are a few small blessings I've experienced in the last few days.

  1. Friends like M.H. who not only preach sermons I need to hear but pray with me privately afterward.
  2. Getting along with my MIL during her extended stay.
  3. Family who put up the Christmas tree and clean house for me when I'm over-extended.
  4. Not missing a story on the scanners that, though not a lead, would have been a big deal if I'd missed. I am notorious about "tuning out" the scanners and not hearing anything on them.
  5. Convenience store clerks who give me a free extra 4 oz of coffee when I realize I've grabbed (and filled) the wrong size cup and don't have enough money to pay for it. It only cost them $.06 and saved me miles of embarrassment.
  6. Kisses from my little boy. "Just because."

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: