Monday, January 16, 2006

Sales Blues

As I've mentioned in previous posts, my TV station is about to change owners.

So far the new owners haven't done much to endear themselves to the folks who actually operate this place. Namely, us!

First our benefits took a major dive. Come on, $550 a month for insurance coverage?!?! That's what each employee will have to pay. And lots of things our outgoing company covered/provided are not even under consideration with the new guys.

Then, on Friday came the news they're laying off 35% of the employees at the Hawaii station (being bought along with us). That station is number on in its market.

Of course, this means everybody now expects major layoffs here as well. So, everyone's rushing to get a decent resume tape together and putting out feelers.

Needless to say we've all got the Sales Blues. Hopefully we should know later this week whether we'll be seeing any layoffs (and how many).

Ironically, despite all of this I'm in a peaceful spot about all this. I've adopted a rather fatalistic attitude. Whatever's going to happen is out of my hands and whatever does happen God will provide for me and mine.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: