Friday, August 12, 2005

Sleepwalking Through Life

I have determined recently that I am just sleepwalking through life. Between working nights, getting up in the morning with an active 5 year old and trying to squeeze in some sort of exercise regimen there's little to no time for SLEEP!

I barely even remember what REAL sleep feels like.

I just shuffle through the day, hazily aware of what's going on around me, waiting until I can once again collapse in my bed and doze for a couple of hours.

When you have a baby they say expect to be sleep deprived for at least the first year. When does that year end? It hasn't for me.

Perhaps that's why comedian Jeff Foxworthy says when you're young you'll gladly forgo sleep for a little hanky-panky. But once you're a parent, you'll pick sleep and hope you dream about hanky-panky.

So, here's to some sweet dreams!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: