Friday, August 26, 2005

Poetry

I'm not a poet and never claimed to be. I don't even really enjoy recreational poetry, that's my Mom's purview.
Buuuuuut, every once in awhile something speaks to me in poem form. Mom's genes I guess. This one's been rattling around in my head for a few days.
-----------------
I'm Scared
10 dead, 1 survivor
Children watch their parents die
Families mourn
I'm scared
A girl on tiptoes
Unable to stop the noose
That's choking her to death
I'm scared
Struggling to catch
One
More
Breath
Struggling to live
Finally losing the fight
I'm scared
He hunted the city, county, state
Searching for one more victim
I'm scared
Some comply, hoping he'll let them go
They die
Others fight, he calls them hellcats
They die, too
I'm scared
I'm strong, healthy, confident
I'm assertive, even aggressive
I've been called a b*&*h
But, I'm scared
Could I have fought?
Could I have won?
Could I have been #11?
I'm scared

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog you guys! Please check out this page about how to buy and sell
construction europe highway on interest free credit too!

Anonymous said...

My Baby,

Excellent poetry. See, I told you you could do it!
Love, Ma

P.S. What's with all these commercial "responses" to your blog? Jerks.

Kendra said...

Ooooh, you have comment spam already! You must be wildly popular :)