Monday, August 22, 2005

Birthday Wishes

Next week I'll turn 31 years old. The age itself doesn't bother me. For some reason I've never attached any specific significance to my age, other than attaining legal voting age.

But, every year as my birthday rolls around people start asking me what I want for my birthday. They want, gasp, a LIST.

A birthday, or Christmas, wish list always seemed kind of, I don't know, greedy to me. But, after a couple of decades of badgering I've decided to give in and provide one. Here it is:

Books:
  • Wide-margin Bible (for marking)
  • "Even After All This Time" by Afschineh Latifi
  • "Early Bird: A Memoir of Premature Retirement," by Rodney Rothman.
  • "40 Ways To Raise a Nonracist Child," Barbara Mathias & Mary Ann French
  • "Hate Hurts: How Children Learn and Unlearn Prejudice," by Caryl Stern- LaRosa & Ellen Hofheimer Bettmann
  • "Life Principles: Feeling Good by Doing Good: by Dr. Bruce Weinstein
  • "Finding God in the Evening News" by Jody Dean
  • "The Lost Daughters of China" by Karin Evans
  • "A Bridge for Passing" by Pearl S. Buck

Music:

  • "Fireflies" , Faith Hill's latest cd
  • "Time Well Wasted", Brad Paisley's latest cd
  • "Diamond Rio: Platinum Collection"
  • New portable cd player (for coming trip to Europe)

Exercise:

  • 8 (or 10 or 12 or 15) lb dumbell set
  • yoga mat
  • "Taebo: FatBlaster Collection" Billy Blanks latest video


Clothes:

  • Please, gift certificates only. I'm so hard to fit (read as "big bust, small waist, big hips"), I really need to try anything on before purchasing.

Other:

  • Suede comforter, full, from Wal-Mart
  • Travel backpack with wheels for pulling (no more than 45 linear inches, length + width + height)

The ironic thing is, this doesn't touch on my love of sci-fi. Mostly that's because my Husband keeps me well supplied with the latest releases by all my favorite sci-fi authors. Isn't he a sweetie?

Nimitz' Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

31 isn't so bad. Since I turned 31, I've bought a little piece of Nassau - a house on a private lagoon, purchased with my wife - I've entered candidacy for ministry, I've got a newborn - but thriving - private consultancy, and I've got a steady job besides. I've managed to drastically alter my diet and excercise habits - I've already probably increased my natural lifespan by five years - and my marriage is better than it's ever been. I even have a good line on finding my biological father, after more than a decade of looking.
Long story short, 31 isn't so bad.
BTW: Jack misses being a trampoline...
Ciao