Monday, August 15, 2005

Fried Phone update & Canine Guests

It's been a busy weekend in our home. As I mentioned earlier, I fried my phone. It fell out of my purse and spent the night in the grass and the rain.

The cheapest replacement at the story would've cost us about $150. Needless to say, I didn't have that kind of moolah just lying around.

But, with a little prayer and persistance I was able to track down a used phone on E-bay that would fit the bill. I got the phone and paid to have it programmed for approximately $72, less than half what it would've cost me to replace with a new one.

Then, on Sunday, we had an unexpected guest, Rocky.

Rocky is an approximately 1 year old Rottweiler my Husband ran into while walking our girls. He was a giant, friendly teddy bear.

My Husband brought him home, stowed him in the garage with some food and water, then we started trying to track down Rocky's people.

He only had a rabies tag, and the vet wasn't open on Sundays. We checked with the City Shelter, the local Humane Society and PALS, but no reports of a missing hound.

Meanwhile, JBP spent the time making up to the new dog. Unfortunately, our girls pretty much let JBP get away with anything. Rocky however is still half puppy. So when JBP started rough-housing, Rocky played back. Rocky's at least 80 to 100 lbs!

He managed to knock JBP down and put his first real scare of dogs into JBP. After JBP calmed down, we all went back out with him and made him pet Rocky until he was comfortable again.
Now he knows he needs to be careful with stranger dogs.

This morning we called the vet and traced him through his rabies tag number. Boy, was Rocky's Mommy happy to get him back!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: