Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Monday #2

This must be my second Monday in a row. Today started out great and quickly went downhill.

I managed to get my glutius maximus out of bed at a decent hour, had breakfast, worshipped and got off to the gym in time for a step class that went well.

Then, things changed. As I headed back to the day care to pick up JBP, the lady in charge informed me he had hurt himself.

He got a big, long scratch down his left thigh while playing on the jungle gym. A sharp edge that was supposed to be hidden had worked its way out and nabbed him.

Ok, minor injury. I can handle that. Then, as we're leaving one of the other attendants informs me she had to put JBP in time-out twice, for fighting.

Ok, I can handle that. Short discussion with JBP about how to handle fighting & aggressive kids, walk away, tell a teacher, etc. Short version: DON'T fight!

We get home, I get lunch on the table, sit down and dig in. First bite, I lose one of the temporary caps on my teeth!

Ok, I can't handle that. Then, I find out I can't get in to see the dentist and get it fixed until tomorrow! That's it! My day officially is in the dump.

But, things get worse. I get to work to find an e-mail from my boss trashing the show last night. And, another e-mail from my Husband that appears to accuse me of being greedy for giving him the birthday wishlist he's ASKED me for the last several years.

I know he was probably just joking, but by then I was in no mood for that type of joke. I refused to respond to that note.

At this point I just want to curl up in a corner and bawl my eyes out. But, oh yeah, I've got to do that work thing.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: