Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Fried Phone & Boiled Hand

This has been a painful week for me and my appliances.

Last Thursday, my personal cell phone fell out of my purse in the parking lot and lay in the grass and rain overnight. I had no inkling of this until the office called me the next morning to let me know they had found my phone.

Needless to say, the rainwater completely fried the circuitry. The cheapest new replacement phone available was $150. Yes, was.

I spent the first couple days of this week trying to find a way around that price tag. Eventually, I found a similar phone, used online. I got it for just $42. That's a $108 difference.

On the other hand, pun intended, this afternoon I boiled my hand.

As usual I entered work exhausted and needed a little liquid pick-me-up. Since I don't like coffee, I keep some black tea in my drawer.

After the pm story meeting, I stopped by the breakroom to pick up some hot water for my tea and promptly spilled it all over my right hand! ARRRRGGGHHH!

I'm typing this with my right hand resting on a piece of ice. And I STILL haven't gotten my caffein fix!

Nimitz Lady

No comments: