Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nothing Spectacular

Today's been a mixed bag that kind of passed in a haze. Maybe that's because JBP woke me up around 2:30 am crawling into bed with us saying, "I had a nightmare."

I enjoy cuddling JBP, but it's impossible to sleep with him in the same bed. I pity his future wife. This kid is ALL over the place. When he joins us I inevitably end up with bruises up and down my legs.

After he fell back asleep I tucked him back into his own bed. Only to have him wake me up again around 5:50 am as he's running to the bathroom to throw up.

We think it may have been the watermelon, because after my Husband had some for breakfast he felt sick to his stomach too. At any rate, by the time I left for work JBP appeared completely normal. He stayed home with my Mom for the day anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Due to this early rise though, I spent the rest of the day half asleep. Did make it to the dentist to get my temporary cap re-glued in. Hopefully it'll last this time until the permanent cap is put in.

I'm still struggling to get back on the workout horse. Due to the 'Trial of the Century' last week, I've gone nearly two weeks with only about two workouts. Usually I get about 5 per week. Needless to say, I'm really starting to feel the lack.

Although I didn't make it to the gym today, due to the dentist appointment, I did get in a short Taebo videotaped workout in. Usually this only gets my heart rate up a bit. But tonight I'm feeling a little stiff in the shoulders and upper back. I REALLY need to get back to the gym more regularly.

Well, I guess I managed to say an awful lot about not much, hunh? So much for Clear, Accurate and to the Point! (my station's logo)

Here are some interesting stories I ran across on the Associated Press wires today.

Enjoy. Nimitz' Lady.

---------------
Palestinian-American upset by credit-card offer to "Palestinian Bomber"

CORONA, Calif. (AP) - A Palestinian-American man in California was sifting through his stack of mail, when he noticed a credit-card offer addressed to "Palestinian Bomber."

Sami Habbas of Corona then opened the letter, which began: "Dear Palestinian Bomber." So, he called the company that sent the letter, J-P-Morgan Chase. He provided the invitation number from the letter, and two operators then addressed him the same way, asking, "Yes, Mr.
Bomber, what can we do for you?"


Habbas, who is 54, has lived in the U-S since he was three. He served in the U-S Army. He says he was shocked by the letter.

Chase Card Services says it's investigating. It says the information on the letter was on a list that was purchased from a vendor.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
------------------

State announces wholesale price limits on gasoline

HONOLULU (AP) - Hawaii has become the first state in the U-S to set limits on wholesale gasoline prices. The state Public Utilities Commission is setting the wholesale price ceiling for gasoline in Honolulu at just under two-16 a gallon.

The caps apply as of next week, when a new law goes into effect. It lets Hawaii set a maximum wholesale price at which gasoline can be sold. The limit is based on the weekly average of spot prices in Los Angeles and New York, and on the U-S Gulf Coast.

The law doesn't put a cap on retail prices.

Gas prices in Hawaii are the highest in the country, but they could be falling dramatically as a result of the law. The statewide average of the retail price of a gallon of regular unleaded today
reached a record-high of two-dollars, 84 cents. Triple-A says that's four cents higher than in California.

If wholesalers charge the maximum allowed, and retailers keep their usual markup of 12-cents a gallon, prices for regular unleaded would fall to two-28.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

---------------

Police arrest two in California on suspicion of putting gator in city lake

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Police in suburban Los Angeles have arrested two men they accuse of putting an alligator into a small city lake, where it's been for nearly two weeks. Oficers also seized other alligators, turtles and snakes when they arrested the pair.

Despite the lake's modest size, the six-to-seven foot gator has proved nearly as elusive as the Loch Ness monster. It hasn't been seen in days and has even managed to evade professional gator wranglers.

It was first spotted August 12th. Crowds stand well back from the water, look through binoculars and lob jelly doughnuts and raw chicken into the water.

Tim Williams, arriving from Florida's Gatorland attraction, says he hopes to lure the beast by grunting out a gator call, which he says sounds like someone trying not to throw up.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

No comments: