Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ouch!

I can't believe I forgot to mention this yesterday. With everything going on I somehow forgot I burned myself, AGAIN! This is the second time in as many weeks.

This was much worse than the scalding I gave myself last time though. Sabbath my Husband was supposed to turn the oven on at noon so the food would be hot when we got home. He swears he did, but the oven was cold as a stone when we got home.

So, I turned it on hoping it would heat the food enough by the time I finished the frybread. It didn't. So, I was taking the dishes out to microwave individual plates.

But, while the dishes were still stone cold, the oven itself was not. And I burned my left wrist on the upper edge of the oven. It blistered so if it's not a second degree burn it's the next best thing.

Although it didn't hurt as bad as the scald did at first. It's hurt a lot longer. In fact, although I can ignore it for hours at a time, it has NOT completely stopped hurting.

Oh well. Hopefully it'll clear up in time for me to take JBP swimming this weekend as this is the last weekend the outdoor pool is open. (Don't get me started. That's another post for another day.)

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: