Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ramble of the Day

On the road this morning, I came up with two or three things to talk about today. Unfortunately, I can no longer remember what they were.

So instead I'll ramble on a bit about losing my memory.

I'm not talking about the Alzheimer's or Dementia type of lost memory.

I'm talking about the "I just walked into the living room for some reason, but can't remember what it was" type of memory loss. For short, I'll call it Lost Room Syndrome (LRS).

The onset of LRS can vary, but generally comes along with that other major syndrome, The Mid-Life Crisis!

In my personal experience stress has something to do with the beginning of LRS and definitely seems to make it worse.

For me it came with having a baby. All of a sudden my fresh young mind that was a steel trap, couldn't remember if I'd turned in my graphics request for the day. So, I started making lists.

Things improved after my son's birth. But only temporarily. They got worse again when we moved to another state.

And if there's BIG news going on at work, FUHGEDDABOUTIT! I'm completely useless. I couldn't even tell you if the sky is blue, let alone what day of the week it is or what pair of shoes I'm wearing!

With my newsroom under preps for a major news event next week, it seems my LRS is once again on the march!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: