Monday, November 21, 2005

Tag #3

No Pictures (11-21-05)

I found out last night that Der Deutscher chose, chose!, not to bring the computer attachments for his camera. This means there will most likely be no pictures for the duration of this trip.

Sorry folks. I will do my best to post pictures as soon as possible after our return.


Shopping (11-21-05)

Today we met up with my Mother-in-Law (henceforth to be referred to as MIL)and hit the city center for a little shopping. Mostly of the window variety.

JBP picked the first store, a bookstore. The little one sure has the reading genes! Now if we could just get him past the passive listening stage and into the active reading to himself stage! I'm starting to lose my voice here!

In the long run all we bought was a toothbrush for me (we packed one less than we needed and I've been making do with Scope for the last three days), a pair of tiger claw slippers for JBP (The house has all wood and tile floors. Too cold for barefeet and too slippery for plain socks.), and brötchen.

Ahhh! Brötchen. That's probably what I've missed most about this country. I've been savoring at least one a day (I am trying not to go overboard here!) since we got here. But today was my first chance to get some fresh brötchen.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!


Mottes & Baileys
(11-21-05)

Since, after all that shopping, JBP still did not appear tired, Der Deutscher and I took him for a stroll through the local Castle Park. It's the area surrounding the city's castle that has been turned into a public park.

JBP has been crazy to learn about castles ever since he learned we were headed to Europe. So, when we got there I started explaining to him how the raised area we were walking along was the original defensive wall called a motte. And the lower are we'd played soccer in yesterday was part of the castle's bailey.

The rest of the walk, JBP kept asking me if he was walking along the motte.

On a side note, in one part of the park's center there is a playground area. It includes a trapeze/monkey bar type pyramid for kids to climb on. JBP saw it from about 50 feet away and was off. Der Deutscher soon joined them.

I took pictures. Although to tell the truth, the only reason I stood by and played the adult was because my coat was too long to join them in their cavorting. Oh well, it looks good on me. The sacrifices we make for fashion!


Kezboarding (11-21-05)

You maz notice an occasionally rather weird tzpo from me. That's because I'm using a European keyboard with a slightly different configuration. For example, the Y is where the Z should be, and vice versa. It really bites! Not to mention how it slows me down when I'm in the middle of a good storz. So, please forgive anz strange typos.

Gute Nacht!
Nimitz' Lady

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you said you were leaving a check for me to mail. I can't find it. And I also don't find the list of shows you want me to tape.

The animals got shreds of turkey for Sabbath supper and chicken from the fridge last night. They are happen. This morning, Se even ate her aspirin along with her breakfast!
Ma

Anonymous said...

Next time, I wanna go, too!
Ma