Monday, November 14, 2005

Flying Crows

I just have to share this, we have a reporter with us who's never heard the term "as the crow flies". She's a big city girl.

Another reporter responded, "Maybe it's a rural thing, cause I've heard it all my life." She's a farm girl.

I've also heard it all my life, but having lived in both cities and rural small towns I couldn't tell you if it's particular to just one area.

But, I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that a college educated reporter had to have the phrase "as the crow flies" explained to her!

Of course, that's still not as bad as an argument I had a couple years ago with our female lead anchor. She insisted mutton was a different animal than sheep! And she grew up on a farm! Okay, it was a wheat farm, but it was still a farm!

It took me an hour and a half and a cyber-trip to the National Association of Sheepherders to convince her mutton is just another word for sheep meat!

I repeat, these are the people brining you your local TV news! Some are great, others make some mistakes I just can't believe!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: