Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Clean Basement

Well, after four and a half years in our home, we finally have a clean basement.

I started out today meaning to pick up the standard clutter and go through JBP's toys to get rid of the junk, outdated and just plain unused ones. But once I got started I just kept on going and going and going.

I ended up going through several boxes of things we'd piled up against the wall when we moved in. Fully intending, at the time, to unpack them next week. Next week turned out to be 4.5 years long!

By the time I was done, the size of our basement had doubled. Now, I'm full of Interior Designer Zeal, wanting to re-arrange and do all the things we'd thought about and talked about when we first moved in.

But first I've got to talk Der Deutscher into moving the couch four more feet away from his precious television. Of course, that's a post for a different time.

The real test now will be how long we can keep the basement clean! Wish me luck.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: