Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Chance Visit

We had a visit from Chance today. He's become an unofficial member of our family.

No, Chance isn't a two-legs. He's a four leg. In fact, he's the biggest danged Black Lab I've ever seen. If I didn't know he was a pure bred, I'd swear he was part Great Dane.

He, and his pal Buster, live the next neighborhood over. They're also a couple of escape artists who regularly take off for trips of exploration. Those trips usually end at our front door.

For some reason Chance and Buster have decided to make us their Family Away From Family, I guess you'd call it.

So, once a month or two we make a call to their real family to let them know the duo has shown up on our doorstep again.

Today, Chance showed up solo. When I called his people, only one was home and with no car. So, for the first time I drove Chance home. After more than two years of visits I now know where Chance and Buster live.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: