Friday, February 24, 2006

Birthday Costumes

JBP's little friend HyeongWoo turned one year old yesterday.

Hyeong Woo is adopted from South Korea. JBP has essentially adopted him as his stand-in little brother since before he came home. At least until Mom and Dad get busy and provide one of his own!

When he saw the picture of HyeongWoo in his first birthday hanbok (traditional Korean dress) JBP immediately requested one of his own.

Being the pushover (sometimes) mommy that I am (at least in respect to a love of all things international) I immediately hit e-bay and found him one.

It arrived yesterday, on HyeongWoo's birthday. JBP was so excited. Right up until we realized the size I'd ordered was a touch too big. Not unwearably too big, just a little over large, if you know what I mean.

At that point, JBP turned his back and refused to put it on. He'll change his mind. He can't resist a good costume for long. Besides, I paid for it, he'll wear the danged thing and smile about it at least long enough for me to get a picture of him with HyeongWoo in matching outfits.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: