Tuesday, February 07, 2006

E-mail Troubles

Ever since the new company took over my TV station I've had no access to my work e-mail account.

This has created all sorts of problems in my doing my job. Especially since I'm not around during the day to pester the IT guy into getting it fixed.

This morning I came in to find a note taped to my computer with instructions for how to access my work e-mail through a jury rigged set-up. Ok. I can deal with that.

But it also included some snide comments about all the pictures I have in my profile and how I need to do a better job keeping it cleaned out. This, after I've e-mailed this guy before that when I erase pictures from my profile they come right back the next time I log on. NOT what I needed to deal with at 12:00 a.m.!

I tried to keep my true feelings out of my response to him and just remind him that I'd previously complained about this problem.

Then, I check my backlog of e-mails and find a note from my boss dated last week that I'll be staying late to get the noon show started on Monday, Feb. 13th. No one ever asked me if I could or wanted to. (Normally, I'm among the first to offer to help.)

By then I was fuming so hard I simply refused to respond to it. I might get myself fired. All in all, not the best of mornings.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: