Sunday, February 05, 2006

Wet Morning

Nothing like waking up just to have your cat wet all over you! In your bed!

Sabbath morning, Nimitz had been trying to yowl me awake for an hour or so. It wasn't working 'cause I didn't get to sleep until after 2 a.m. (My body hasn't figured out when it's supposed to sleep but it has figured out when it isn't supposed to sleep. Danged body!)

I'm not sure if Nimitz was mad at me because I hadn't gotten up to feed him yet, if he'd been yowling because he needed to go outside and go potty (for which he has a litter box in the basement!) or if he was just mad at us because Chicken Cat has been spending so much time cuddling up to us and sleeping in the big bed with us.

Usually she sleeps and cuddles my mom (Grammy). But, with Grammy out of the country, Chicken Cat has transferred her affections to Der Deutscher and I.

Anyway, once JBP alerted me to what Nimitz was up to (I hadn't noticed, thank goodness, due to the thick blanket between me and his wet.) I tossed him off the bed, then Der Deutscher and I chased him down, cornered him and banished him to the outdoors for two days.

Every time we open the door for one of the other animals he tries to get in. Then glares at us in confusion when we won't let him in.

What gets me is this is my perfect little boy. Out of all the males, kids and animals in this house Nimitz is the one I can count on to always do the correct thing. To be my good boy. To never mess up.

So what does he do? He messes up big time! I just don't get it.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: