Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Down the Rabbit Hole

I'm about to head home and find out if I've still got a special lop-eared guest in my basement.

Today during lunch (yes, I get to go home for lunch, on a good day) I heard this frantic squealing coming from the family room in the basement.

I track it down to find the Chicken Cat batting around a baby bunny. Apparenty unharmed but scared practically to death.

I snatched up the cat, locked her in Grammy's bedroom and tried to capture the rabbit.

Unfortunately the whole situation so excited JBP he tried to help. Need I say more?

An excited six year old bouncing after you would not be particularly comforting to a tiny bunny that has just escaped death by bored predator.

The rabbit took off for environs under the couch. That's where he, she, it was still cowering when I left for work again.

We'll see if Der Deutscher has managed to convince it to return to the far safer wilds of our front yard when I get home.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: