Monday, October 03, 2005

Pray, Pray, Pray

Pray for me, pray for my father, pray for my brother, pray for my step-mother.

I came in to work today, to find an e-mail letting me know my father's been in the hospital since September 24th.

He had a tumor removed from his brain years ago. Turns out one of the shunts they put in had gotten blocked. He went in to have it replaced. But it didn't work. And he had to have it replaced again today (Monday).

I just spoke with the nurses on my father's floor. He's in Surgical ICU but doing well. The surgery went well and he's alert and talking to the nurses. He's still got one drain left in his brain. They'll probably take that out tomorrow. He'll spend one more night in ICU before they move him to another floor.

Please, pray he continues to improve, that I'll get to see him again soon and that I'll find the money to visit him.

My brother and I are trying to decide if we need to visit him NOW. While I can swing that, barely, it would be financially difficult for my brother. Please pray things work out for him.

My step-mother hadn't told anyone! The only reason the family found out was my Aunt was calling to confirm plans to visit my Dad next month. At which point my step-mother said, "He's not here. He's in the hospital."

Without going into details, my family and my step-mother do NOT get along. Most of us deal with her only when we have no other choice. Her petty jealousies have driven all of us away. Please pray for her that she can get over them.

And that the family can get over her insults and prejudices. Right now I think if I left my Abuela and/or my brother alone with her right now, someone would walk out dead. I'm not even half kidding. That's how upset the family is.

And pray for me as I struggle myself right now not to hate her. I generally don't use that term. At most I say I don't get along with someone. But right now I am desperately trying not to hate.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: