Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Basketball Practice

Well, JBP has begun his own mini-basketball season. It's a YMCA team. He's been excited about it for months. Der Deutscher has been worried for months.

We tried signing JBP up for this same league a couple years ago, but he was just too young and couldn't handle the team aspect. Der Deutscher was afraid this would be a repeat.

While I was at the gym over my supper break, my cell phone rang. Which is unusual in itself. Ninety percent of my calls are outgoing. It was Der Deutscher to tell me tonight's first practice had been a huge success. JBP behaved exemplarly.

Of course, Der Deutscher wouldn't be Der Deutscher if he didn't have something to worry about. So, now he's worried that JBP is the clear best player on the team!

I told him it'll be good for JBP, cause he always does well when he has to lead/teach. But, Der Deutscher just must worry.

My worry is the time of the games. I thought they'd be 8 a.m. like last time. But found out today, they'll be 10 and 11 a.m. That's right in the middle of church. Which means for the next seven or eight weeks JBP will only get Sabbath School, if anything. But I feel like I can't pull him out of the league after all the anticipation.

I'll just have to find something else to do, I guess. Suggestions are welcome.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: