Friday, October 21, 2005

Ugh!

I haven't been able to think of much to say the last couple of days because I've felt like something the cat dragged in, chewed up and dead!

All of us, JBP, Der Deutscher, Grammy and myself have been feeling not so peachy-keen and it's getting worse for the adults. I just hope it's all over before we head for Europe (28 days and counting!).

Mostly, it's a persistent cough and sinus drainage (which in my case is starting to clog up my lungs). I haven't been able to sleep well all week and am really starting to show my sleep deprivation.

At the same time, I've not been able to get much information out of my Dad's new nurses. They're just not as forthcoming as the ICU nurses were. Not that I'd wish him back there. I'd just wish the ICU nurses had moved with him. I'm going to try again on my way home from work tonight. Pray I keep my patience.

JBP's been up to all sorts of things... but I sure can't remember them.

Here's an interesting item I found on the Associated Press Wires. Enjoy and have a Happy Sabbath.

Nimitz' Lady
-----------------
Poll has Hillary Clinton leading Condoleezza Rice in 2008 presidential race

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton leads Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in a hypothetical presidential matchup, according to an independent poll.

The survey was conducted by Marist College's Institute for Public Opinion in conjunction with New York City television station WNBC. It gives the former first lady 50% to 41% for Rice.

But while Clinton tops Rice, Republicans John McCain and Rudolph Giuliani both top Clinton.
Clinton, McCain and Giuliani are all considered potential 2008 presidential candidates. Rice has said she will not run.


The poll, mirroring other recent national surveys, had Clinton as the clear front-runner for the 2008 Democratic nomination, favored by 41% of her party's voters to 17% for John Kerry and 14% for John Edwards, who was Kerry's running mate in 2004.

Marist's telephone poll of 827 registered voters has a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

No comments: