Monday, October 10, 2005

Latest on Dad....

Isn't much.

I couldn't get any info over the weekend. Today (Monday) I got to talk to my Dad again. He sounded 100% better, but that doesn't mean much considering where he came from.

He still had the hiccups but was able to speak intelligbly for the first time. But he still sounded groggy, like he'd just woken up from a very deep sleep. Which, when you consider the drugs he's been on, is kind of accurate for his mental state.

He also had a little trouble following me. I had to slow down and speak very distinctly. But then he was able to interact well.

Unfortunately, he's still in ICU. So much for my hope he'd get out over the weekend. I also was unable to speak to his nurse about his condition. So, I'm not sure where he's at medically.

It all comes down to I just have to keep praying.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: