Friday, October 28, 2005

Three Strikes & A Grand Slam



After three times coming close to a Bon Jovi concert, location-wise, but having the timing not work out I've finally hit paydirt!

My co-workers thought I'd completely lost it when I got the e-mail last night announcing the latest stops added to Bon Jovi's Have a Nice Day! tour. I just sat there cackling like an idiot!

Nothing could ruin that for me. Not getting to my exit for home only to realize I had one of the Assignment Desk phones in my purse and had to turn around and take it back. Not realizing we'd forgotten to return our rented movies, due by midnight which it was now after. Not realizing I'd forgotten to fuel up and it had to be done tonight!

First thing this morning I bought m tickets. Not without some headache, of course! I was able to take part in a special pre-sale of tickets, before they're released to the general public.

I thought I could just call in and buy them. No go. I had to get them online. Of course, I don't have the internet at home. So, I had to call my mother at work and talk her through the purchase.

Doesn't matter. Nothing can ruin my happiness. This is the only band Der Deutscher and I agree on. He likes Metal. I prefer Gospel and Country. We've been torturing each other with concerts for years now. Finally, a concert we'll both enjoy! =)

We're going to get a hotel room, make a weekend out of it. What a concept, an entirely adult mini-vacation. Can't remember the last time we did that!

Nimitz' Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me it was adult-only! I guess I get der kleine Deutsher for the weekend, huh? And I was planning to get some real work done while you were away.
Actually, come to think of it, that was stupid of me. OF COURSE you aren't taking my Tannenbaum with you!
Love,
Ma