Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Beaned!

I just almost beaned one of my bosses in the head with a soft-baseball like toy ball. He was wandering around the newsroom muttering, "I lost my ball!"

As I was pretty sure I was the guilty party who'd taken it, I checked my desk, and sure enough, found it. I turned to my boss, who was now about three desks away from me, yelled "Heads up!" waited until he looked at me then tossed the ball to him.

Unfortunately, he wears bifocals and didn't focus on the right spot at the right time. Plus, he didn't want to drop the remains of the cookie he was munching. So, he just barely avoided getting beaned in the head!

Luckily, he's a nice guy and just laughed it off.

------

That scene followed one earlier, where one of our female reporters was tossing the same ball around. She then tossed it to the Asst. News Director (who I later almost beaned). He tossed it back to her. She almost, but not quite, caught it one handed.

She commented how tough it was to catch one handed. The News Director, who was also standing nearby (and has limited use of one hand due to a severe burn years ago) told her to toss it to him and neatly caught it one handed.

She responded, "Well, it's easy for a guy!"

mutter, mutter, mutter

Then she compounded the matter with, "I'd like to see you handle a shoe sale!"

mutter, mutter, mutter

I'm seriously considering getting her expelled from the ranks of liberated women. She doesn't deserve the honor!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: