Thursday, September 29, 2005

Weighing In


Day two of my weight and body image woes. See I'm trying to lose at least a little weight before we head to Europe in about six weeks, mostly so I can fit in my clothes a little better and be more comfortable in the miniature seats on the airplanes.

So far I haven't had much luck. Today I weighed in, up 1.5 pounds from my last weigh-in two weeks ago. That's the bad news.

The good news, I found two weigh-in partners. A couple ladies like myself who had been regulars at the gym until life interfered. Now we're trying to get back on the horse (or treadmill, whatever =).

I showed them a couple tricks I know with the old fashioned scales to make sure you're getting an accurate weight. While I was fiddling with the scales... the blonde pointed to a sign posted above the scales and read, "The scales are not your friend!"

I looked at her and said, "Know your enemy!"

We've agreed to meet after class every Thursday and weigh in together. Hopefully this will provide me with some of the accountability I need to actually lose weight. I know it's already kept me from buying sweets when I did the grocery shopping. =)

Here's hoping I'll take the down staircase rather than the up-elevator in the weight department in the six weeks I have left.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: