Monday, September 12, 2005

Dreading Thursday


Okay, this isn't an original title nor is it an original thought. I stole the title from my friend, Veggiegrrl, who had to return to work for the first time today after the arrival of her son this summer.

My dread is similar. My baby's growing up. No, he's not headed for Kindergarten. I don't believe in such early education, especially for boys! But, starting Thursday, he's attending Mom's Day Out at the YMCA.

This is a 9:30 am to 1:30 pm program (which means I'll pick him up just in time to drop him off at daycare!!!!). It includes music, stories, crafts, swimming and lunch. This session is all about space flight and exploration. As soon as JBP saw the display booth about it, he started begging and I finally gave in.
Just like my Husband, JBP is in love with spaceflight!

It's tough to deny my baby boy something he wants so bad AND is good for him.

The problem? From now on, I'll only see my baby about an hour and a half a day on Thursdays. Total. And I know it'll only get worse from here.

Once he's started with Mom's Day Out, no way he'll want to quit. Which means I've pretty much lost at least one day a week, permanently.

And, in a couple of years (depending on my work schedule), he'll start attending SCHOOL! I loved it as a kid. But right now I dread the entire prospect.
---------

In other news.... one unbearably cute moment with SA the Chicken Cat I absolutely had to pass on.

This morning the senior cat, a.k.a. Nimitz, was outdoors. So, Chicken Cat had me to herself. She started winding through my legs, being all cuddly. Then suddenly, out of no where, she stood up on her hind legs, wrapped her front paws around my calf and HUGGED me, purring for all she was worth. It was just soooooo cute!

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: