Friday, September 16, 2005

Tagged!

I've been Tagged so here're my responses. Enjoy. And, if you haven't been Tagged yet, consider yourself Tagged.
-------------

10 Years Ago... I was in Valladolid, Spain, finishing up the Spanish major part of my college degree. I still had two semesters after that to wrap up the Journalism major part. Age: 21

5 Years Ago.... I was getting used to new motherhood and becoming a member of junior management at my then T.V. station. The final tally: I love motherhood but HATE being an Assignment Editor. Never Again! Age: 26

1 Year Ago... I was officially promoted, again, to junior management at my new T.V. station. This time, Executive Producer. Much better. Age: 30

Yesterday... I was cleaning house, trying to buy groceries on a budget without shopping at Wal-Mart, and mourning my Mommy promotion to Just the Chauffeur. Age: 31

5 songs I know all the words to:
Livin' on a Prayer, Bon Jovi
Young Gun, Jon Bon Jovi
How do you like me now? Toby Keith
Right Here Waiting, Richard Marx
Independence Day, Martina McBride

5 things I'd do with a $100 million:
Help build temporary cities along the Gulf Coast
Start a FREE daycare for low income parents trying to get job training/education
Endow a journalism scholarship for Seventh-day Adventists at my university
Pay off the bills and set aside a college fund for JBP
Pay for all planned improvements at my Church

5 places I'd run away to:
Europe
Latin America
Asia
Africa
Gulf of Mexico/Carribbean

5 things I'd never wear:
String bikini
Nipple rings
Chador (or any other sort of Muslim total body veiling for women)
Blonde hair
Paisley

5 favorite T.V. shows:
E.R.
West Wing
Stargate
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Little House on the Prairie

5 biggest joys:
My son
My family
The feel of an infant in my arms
My pets
Reading/Traveling

5 favorite toys:
My video camera
My still camera
My cell phone
The internet
Books

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, let's see: 10 years ago, I was starting my first full-time job as an ESL instructor, full of confidence and optimism. Boy! was I wrong. Age: Since I'm 60 now, I MUST have been 50 then, but I don't remember being that old.

5 years ago: I rashly quit my job in Massachusetts to move to Ames, where my daughter (NimitzLady) had just given birth to my grandson, JBP. Age: 55

1 year ago: I finally accepted the reality that I will never again have a full-time job. No sweat; I get to hug JBP every day. Age: 59

Yesterday: I went to church in the morning; in the afternoon I got my week's worth of sleep. I have to do that because I don't sleep much at night during the work week, and my work week, with teaching and freelance writing, is 6 days long.

5 songs I know all the words to: I'd be hard-pressed to come up with one.

5 things I'd do with $100 million: pay off all family debts; buy a house for my sister; buy Saturn hybrids for several people, including myself; set up some scholarships in my parents' names; set up an office for my sister and me to do our freelance work full time.

5 places I'd run away to: cool places, and I mean cool as in low temperature -- Norway, Labrador, Switzerland, Great Britain, northern Germany.

5 things I'd never wear: two-piece or French-cut bathing suit (even if I lost weight), high heels, round or square neckline, wide-leg pants, any body-piercing jewelry.

5 biggest joys: JBP, my family, writing, cool weather, gardening

5 favorite toys: my camera, the Internet, the word processor, the plug to disconnect the phone, my recliner