Tuesday, July 04, 2006

So Sorry

I know I'm way overdue for a post. But between the busy-ness that is my business and my own slight depression must say I've been too tired and too disinterested in posting.

There are however several things to keep all updated on.

Bike Riding: About two or so weeks ago, JBP went from riding a "baby" bike with training wheels to riding a "big boy" bike without. He just hopped on and took off. He's still working on the finetuning, like starting, stopping and steering. But he's got the balance thing down.

Thyroid Doc: Although overall I am quite happy with my new thyroid doctor, so far, I do have a bone to pick with him. During my last visit, as is normal, we were discussing my weird menstrual cycles. Thyroid throws everything out of wack!

Anyway, when I tell him I'm currently on week 5 (now week 6) of this cycle he glibly asks, "Any chance you might be pregnant?"

Now to date I'd been handling the extra-lengthy cycle with none of the I've-got-to-have- another-baby-or-I'll-die angst. But ever since he raised the question, especially since another week has passed with no period, I've been mulling the possibility over in my head.

And the thing is, I don't really want to be pregnant. I want to adopt a baby. But he had to put that danged thought in my head. (Which by the way is, although not entirely impossible, highly improbable between my tubal ligation and my thyroid condition.)

Resume Tape: My boss finally (after a month or so) got around to looking at the resume tape I put together for reporting/shooting. He was forced to admit I know what I'm doing both in front of and behind the camera lens.

The worst he could come up with to say was that my stand-ups looked a touch stiff. But then he added it was probably because I was out of practice. You think?

Then he asked me about money! So, maybe there's a chance. The question is, do I want it?

Well, Happy 4th of July everyone. The Good Ol' U.S. of A. is 230 years old today. Hope you had fun.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: