Monday, July 17, 2006

Trapped

One of my best college friends lives in Beirut with her husband and two little girls. She's a dual citizen, American and Lebanese.

Needless to say, they've been trying desperately to get out of the country for the last week. They have hopes of an American evacuation on Wednesday.

I've had a few e-mails from her. This is what she has to say about the situation.

"We are safe in this mountain house. It is in a Christian area away from the battle, but let's hope that the Israelis don't lose it and start bombing left, right and center."

"The US government really needs to do more for their citizens. This situation is really bad. Everything is so slow."

"It's hard to restart my life all over again, but it's better to leave then to die."

"I am scared especially that now I have babies I have to worry about."


She's a journalist like me, who's freelanced for several publications, writing most often for the Daily Star in Beirut.

Please include her and her family in your prayers. I've been praying for her non-stop for the last few days, as well as putting her name on our church prayer list.

The worst thing about situations like what we're seeing in Lebanon and Israel right now is that it's always the innocent who are hurt the most.

Nimitz' Lady

1 comment:

Msabcmom said...

I will keep them in my thoughts. How scary.