Friday, July 28, 2006

Sad Week

This has been a sad week for our family. Der Deutscher's stepmother's father died, Der Deutscher's aunt died and now news that my Great Aunt (on my mother's side) is dying of cancer. It's so far advanced doctors say there's nothing they can do but make her comfortable.

My mother and Aunt Wowis (as I used to call her)have rented a car and are headed cross-country to say good-bye.

I'd be going with them if it weren't for the already planned trip to go visit my father -- who is also in the hospital dealing with problems with a shunt in his brain. The consensus is he's too stubborn to stay in bed until it heals properly and keeps re-damaging the wound.

But, if he's still in the hospital we'll be getting a hotel room (financial ouch!) rather than messing up my stepmother's home.

At any rate, what was supposed to be a simple trip to visit my father has become fraught with all other sorts of nuances, innuendos and details.

Here's hoping all goes well. At least as well as can be expected. Almost time to go home and pack.

Nimitz' Lady

No comments: