Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Found & Lost


Just 11 hours after finding the "stray" I'd hoped would be the newest member of our family, despite the many times I told myself we'd find his "family", we found his family.

In the end it didn't take any of the two dozen Found posters we had ready to post. It was the simple text e-mail I'd sent the local Humane Society.

It turns out this beauty's name is Kodiak. His parents had been frantically searching for him all day and came across our note while searching at the Humane Society.

So, Der Deutscher and JBP returned Kodiak to his home before I even got off work last night and my brief moment of hope was over.

No new puppy for moi. Back to my doldrums.

Nimitz' Lady

2 comments:

Udge said...

Hello NL, thanks for the comment - and for the namecheck in your bloglist, very flattering. I don't think you've commented before, unless it was anonymously?

Pity about losing (not keepintg) Kodiak.

Pilarcita said...

Nope. I just discovered your 'site a couple days ago.

I enjoy finding new blogs from around the world and was ecstatic to find a German blogger I enjoyed -- as my husband, Der Deutscher, is also German.

As for Kodiak, although I miss not getting to keep him. I know there will be another dog sooner or later. It's just with Der Deutscher still mourning the loss of Sedona it's more likely to be later right now.

Oh well, asi es la vida. Oops, wrong sprache. Das ist die Leben would be the approximate translation. I think.